1. What Data We Get
We collect certain data from you directly, like information you enter yourself, data about your participation in our educational courses. We also collect some data automatically, like information about your device and what parts of our Services you interact with or spend time using.
1.1 Data You Provide to Us
We may collect different data from or about you depending on how you use the Services. Below are some examples to help you better understand the data we collect.
When you create an account and use the Services, including through a third-party platform, we collect any data you provide directly, including:
The data listed above is stored by us and associated with your account.
The data listed above is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies, as detailed in the “Cookies and Data Collection Tools” section below. It is stored by us and associated with your account.
2. How We Get Data About You
We use tools like cookies, web beacons, analytics services, and advertising providers to gather the data listed above. Some of these tools offer you the ability to opt out of data collection.
2.1 Cookies and Data Collection Tools
PocketEdu uses the following types of cookies:
• Preferences: cookies that remember data about your browser and preferred settings that affect the appearance and behavior of the Services (like your preferred language).
• Security: cookies used to enable you to log in and access the Services; protect against fraudulent logins; and help detect and prevent abuse or unauthorized use of your account.
• Functional: cookies that store functional settings (like the volume level you set for video playback).
• Session State: cookies that track your interactions with the Services to help us improve the Services and your browsing experience, remember your login details, and enable processing of your course purchases. These are strictly necessary for the Services to work properly, so if you disable them then certain functionalities will break or be unavailable.
2.2 Analytics We use third-party browser and mobile analytics services like Google Analytics on the Services. These services use Data Collection Tools to help us analyze your use of the Services, including information like the third-party website you arrive from, how often you visit, events within the Services, usage and performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We use this data to improve the Services, better understand how the Services perform on different devices, and provide information that may be of interest to you. 2.3 Online Advertising We use third-party advertising services like Facebook, Google’s ad services, and other ad networks and ad servers to deliver advertising about our Services on other websites and applications you use. The ads may be based on things we know about you, like your Usage Data and System Data (as detailed in Section 1), and things that these ad service providers know about you based on their tracking data. The ads can be based on your recent activity or activity over time and across other sites and services, and may be tailored to your interests.
Depending on the types of advertising services we use, they may place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, phone, or other device to collect data about your use of our Services, and may access those tracking technologies in order to serve these tailored advertisements to you. To help deliver tailored advertising, we may provide these service providers with a hashed, anonymized version of your email address (in a non-human-readable form) and content that you share publicly on the Services.
3. What We Use Your Data For
We use your data to do things like provide our Services, communicate with you, troubleshoot issues, secure against fraud and abuse, improve and update our Services, analyze how people use our Services, serve personalized advertising, and as required by law or necessary for safety and integrity.
We use the data we collect through your use of the Services to:
• Provide and administer the Services, including to display customized content and facilitate communication with other users;
• Process your requests and orders for courses, products, specific services, information, or features;
• Communicate with you about your account by:
Responding to your questions and concerns; Sending you administrative messages and information about changes to our Service, and updates to our agreements; Sending you information and in-app messages about your progress in courses, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available courses (which you can opt out of at any time); Sending push notifications to your wireless device to provide updates and other relevant messages (which you can manage from the “options” or “settings” page of the mobile app); • Manage your account preferences;
• Facilitate the Services’ technical functioning, including troubleshooting and resolving issues, securing the Services, and preventing fraud and abuse;
• Solicit feedback from users;
• Market and administer surveys and promotions administered or sponsored by PocketEdu;
• Learn more about you by linking your data with additional data through third-party data providers or analyzing the data with the help of analytics service providers;
• Identify unique users across devices;
• Tailor advertisements across devices;
• Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features;
• Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data;
• Advertise the Services on third-party websites and applications;
• As required or permitted by law; or
• As we, in our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary to ensure the safety or integrity of our users, employees, third parties, the public, or our Services.
4. Who We Share Your Data With
We share certain data about you with other users, companies performing services for us, our business partners, analytics and data enrichment providers, companies helping us run promotions and surveys, and advertising companies who help us promote our Services. We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring. Lastly, we can share data in other ways if it is aggregated or de-identified or if we get your consent.
• With Other Users: Depending on your settings, your shared content and profile data may be publicly viewable, including to other users. If you ask a question to another user, your information (including your name) may also be publicly viewable by other users depending on your settings.
• With Service Providers, Contractors, and Agents: We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf, like payment processing, data analysis, marketing and advertising services (including retargeted advertising), email and hosting services, and customer services and support. These service providers may access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct, to provide our requested service.
• With Business Partners: We have agreements with other websites and platforms to distribute our Services and drive traffic to PocketEdu. Depending on your location, we may share your data with these partners.
• With Analytics and Data Enrichment Services: As part of our use of third-party analytics tools like Google Analytics we share certain contact information, Account Data, System Data, Usage Data (as detailed in Section 1), or de-identified data as needed. De-identified data means data where we’ve removed things like your name and email address and replaced it with a token ID. This allows these providers to provide analytics services or match your data with publicly-available database information (including contact and social information from other sources). We do this to communicate with you in a more effective and customized manner.
• To Administer Promotions and Surveys: we may share your data as necessary to administer, market, or sponsor promotions and surveys you choose to participate in, as required by applicable law, or in accordance with the rules of the promotion or survey.
• For Advertising: If we decide to offer advertising in the future, we may use and share certain System Data and Usage Data with third-party advertisers and networks to show general demographic and preference information among our users. We may also allow advertisers to collect System Data through Data Collection Tools (as detailed in Section 2.1), and to use this data to offer you targeted ad delivery to personalize your user experience (through behavioral advertising) and undertake web analytics. Advertisers may also share with us the data they collect about you. Note that if you opt out, you’ll continue to be served generic ads.
• For Security and Legal Compliance: We may disclose your data to third parties if we (in our sole discretion) have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
We use appropriate security based on the type and sensitivity of data being stored. As with any internet-enabled system, there is always a risk of unauthorized access, so it’s important to protect your password and to contact us if you suspect any unauthorized access to your account.
PocketEdu takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal data that we collect and store. These measures vary based on the type and sensitivity of the data. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, so we cannot guarantee that communications between you and PocketEdu, the Services, or any information provided to us in connection with the data we collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Your password is an important part of our security system, and it is your responsibility to protect it. You should not share your password with any third party, and if you believe your password or account has been compromised, you should change it immediately and contact email@example.com with any concerns.
6. Your Rights
You have certain rights around the use of your data, including the ability to opt out of promotional emails, cookies, and collection of your data by certain analytics providers. You can update or terminate your account from within our Services, and can also contact us for individual rights requests about your personal data. Parents who believe we’ve unintentionally collected personal data about their underage child should contact us for help deleting that information.
6.1 Your Choices About the Use of Your Data
You can choose not to provide certain data to us, but you may not be able to use certain features of the Services.
• To stop receiving promotional communications from us, you can opt out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the promotional communication you receive. Note that regardless of your email preference settings, we will send you transactional and relationship messages regarding the Services, including administrative confirmations, order confirmations, important updates about the Services, and notices about our policies.
• The browser or device you use may allow you to control cookies and other types of local data storage. Your wireless device may also allow you to control whether location or other data is collected and shared. 6.2 Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Data You can access and update your personal data that PocketEdu collects and maintains as follows:
• To update data you provide directly, log into your account and update your account at any time.
• To terminate your account:
Parents who believe that PocketEdu may have collected personal data from a child under those ages can submit a request that it be removed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored by your browser as you browse the internet. They can be used to collect, store, and share data about your activities across websites, including on PocketEdu. Cookies also allow us to remember things about your visits to PocketEdu and to make the site easier to use.
Authentication and security • To log you into PocketEdu
• To protect your security
• To help detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate PocketEdu’s agreements
For example, cookies help authenticate your access to PocketEdu and prevent unauthorized parties from accessing your accounts. Preferences • To remember data about your browser and your preferences
• To remember your settings and other choices you’ve made
For example, cookies help us remember your preferred language or the country you’re in, so we can provide content in your preferred language without asking each time you visit. Analytics and research • To help us improve and understand how people use PocketEdu’s Services.
For example, cookies help us test different versions of PocketEdu to see which features or content users prefer, web beacons help us determine which email messages are opened, and cookies help us see how you interact with PocketEdu, like the links you click on.
You can opt out of some of these services through tools like the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Personalized content • To customize PocketEdu with more relevant content
For example, cookies help us show a personalized list of recommended courses on the homepage.
Advertising • To provide you with more relevant advertising To learn more about targeting and advertising cookies and how you can opt out, visit www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices site.
Please note that where advertising technology is integrated into the Services, you may still receive advertising on other websites and applications, but it will not be tailored to your interests.
When using PocketEdu mobile application, you may also receive tailored in-app advertisements. Android OS and Microsoft Windows each provide its own instructions on how to control in-app tailored advertising. For other devices and operating systems, you should review your privacy settings or contact your platform operator.
• Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can change your browser settings to decline cookies by consulting your browser’s support articles. If you decide to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some interactive features in the Services.
• Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, so your browser’s cookie-management tools may not remove them. To learn more about how to manage Flash cookies, see Adobe’s article on managing flash cookies and Website Storage Settings panel.
• To get information and control cookies used for tailored advertising from participating companies, see the consumer opt-out pages for the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance, or if you’re located in the European Union, visit the Your Online Choices site. To opt out of Google Analytics’ display advertising or customize Google Display Network ads, visit the Google Ads Settings page.
• For general information about targeting cookies and how to disable them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Updates & Contact Info